Pages

The adventures of a fifty-something into the world of crafting!

Tuesday 5 April 2011

Here's one I made earlier !!

I thought I post some pictures of completed projects:

This first little box is only three inches in diameter, made out of Tuffy Yarn by Briggs & Little, which is 80% Wool and 20% Nylon. I used the Blue Mix for the base of the box, and for the lid I used Regal Yarn by Briggs & Little (which is 100% wool) in Fundy Fog with an edging of the Blue Mix. The two different yarns have worked well together.  It is small enough for holding jewellery and the like.


Now you know I like Red.. and this set of nesting bowls with three bowls ranging from 4 - 7 inches in diameter, and three inches in height, is made out of  the Red Mix in the Tuffy Yarn:
I had also made a set of nesting bows, with 5 bowls, all very close in size you will see, and ranging from 2 1/2 inches - 6 1/2 inches in diameter, and they are three inches in height. they are made out of Regal Yarn by Briggs & Little  in the Fundy Fog- don't you just love that name! With the range of sizes these give a lot of scope for uses, from jewellery, to change, or to hold your keys. The choice is yours!

These next two projects are just two cute in my book, the round box with lid on the left is just two inches in diameter and in height, and is made out of Red Heart Eco-Ways recycled Blend Yarn in Aquarium.. and the little square box with lid on the right is made out of Tuffy Yarn in the Blue Mix, and is three inches in diameter and just two inches in height.
 This next time is a Hat Pattern I just had to try, as I do love my hats.. it was made in Red Heart Eco-Ways Recycled Blend Yarn, in Lichen and the band is in Storm. I have used this yarn a lot, as I do believe in being as Green as possible.

More recently I treated myself to this shrug, very comfortable, and very warm too, not the most flattering picture, but you get the idea. It is knitted in Bulky Yarn -Bernat Alpaca Natural Blends Yarn in Aqua: It is 70% Acrylic and 30% Alpaca.


I do find that I am limited in what I can make with the limited selection of yarns available locally. I did look on Ebay today for a particular yarn in a particular color, and was suitably surprised at what I could find on there. Also I am due to go to an appointment in Halifax soon, so may take the opportunity to look there as well. But in my mind buying on Ebay and paying the shipping is cheaper than driving a long distance to find what you want or need.

No comments:

Post a Comment